Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Hereafter : the last film of Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood’s new film "Hereafter" (in Spanish " Más allá de la vida") comes from the uncertainty about the existence of a life beyond the death. Three characters are searching the truth about this issue for different reasons: the loss of somebody close (Marcus), a near-death experience (Marie) or the gift /curse to be in connection with the afterlife, thanks to peculiar paranormal powers (George).

I really don't know why but I'm still having some doubt about the real meaning of "Hereafter". Maybe because I expected something different from Eastwood, considering my love for movies such as "Million dollar baby" or "Gran Torino". Maybe because my catholic unconscious, which is pretty much sure about the existence of another life after death, doesn't allow me to think in a different way. It seems to me that the movie looks like a documentary about people deeply involved in what might -or must- be beyond death, about the consequences in their life when you desperately need to know.

With Matt Damon (George), Cécile de France (Marie), Frankie/George McLaren (Marcus)

Trailer

No comments: